Photo credit: PCI student, S. Wermie
PTA Professional Development Grants
Small Group, Educational Leadership & Residency
All grant guidelines are listed on the first page of the application form. Please read the guidelines carefully. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to access the forms.
Small Group Grants are distributed in two sections. The first section is open from September 4th to September 20th. This can cover PD dates ranging from Sept 2019 to June 2020. The second section will be open December 2nd to December 13th. This can cover PD dates ranging from Jan 2020 to June 2020. Please contact Darin Arnold at PCI if you have any questions.
There will be one deadline for the Educational Leadership Grant (formerly Major Conference). Please contact Darin Arnold at PCI before applying. The scoring rubric is provided below for teachers to understand the criteria for candidates to be eligible to apply for the Educational Leadership Grant.
- November 15, 2019
There will be one deadline for the School Residency Grant. Please contact Jennifer Borgfjord via email at La Verendrye School for information before applying.
- November 1, 2019
If you require any assistance during the application processes, please contact your school PD rep. Please note that the forms do not save, so if you close the window during the process, you will have to start again.
Criteria for the Individual & Small Group Grant:
- Preference will be given to collaborative efforts
- Preference will be given to division-wide efforts
- Preference will be given to PD that aligns to Professional Growth Plans & School Division Goals
- No funding will be given to applications from schools on topics the school is already receiving PD money on
- "One-off" PD's are highly discouraged, with exceptions given for teachers in Specialist positions that have a hard time finding PD on their specialization.